Address: Street 72 No. 11 - 86, Building P, Of. 312
Bogotá DC, Colombia, South America
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Continuous working day
Phone: (57-1) 594 1894 Ext. 206
The Department of Languages, over 40 years of tradition qualifying native language and foreign languages specialists, offers Bachelor Degree in Basic Education, Focus on Humanities–English and Spanish, which started and has been profiled according to the changes that world and Colombian society require. This great tour has positioned the Bachelor Degree with high quality standards recognized by the Ministry of Education, Icfes and the National Government as a pioneer in the teaching practices development aimed towards the training of specialized teachers in languages ??and literature.
To achieve this goal, the BD has used a pedagogical exercise marked by a cognitive, reconstructive, interactive and contextual focus based on discipline principles on its own. Furthermore training subjects are aimed at promoting critical perception, analysis and meaning production from social, economic and political status of the 21st century Colombian nation.
Thus, Spanish and Foreign Languages program cares about diversity; a critical analysis of the different communication systems; a development of an otherness ethics; an oriented research to train and provide concepts and methodologies that help to structure future graduates; and a human and reflective language pedagogy. It educates autonomous individuals, aware of the cultural characteristics and abilities and ethical concerns of the community.
Through Department of Languages, the Bachelor Degree of English and Spanish program, is working in language teacher training for basic levels of the Colombian educational system. So the main objectives are as follows:
1. Train language teachers for basic levels of the Colombian educational system according to the current regulations.
2. Promote the personality development of the future educators, their human qualities and professional identity through experiences in their learning processes.
3. Train professionals willing to adopt educational, scientific, cultural and social innovations, who will be able to produce and reproduce knowledge through research, increasing their pedagogical knowledge and promoting educational change by social context.
4. Generate appropriate areas for future teachers may build the required pedagogical strategies to perform themselves fully with scientific nature in their teaching processes of English and native language.
5. Develop future educators' ability to identify, address and resolve educational, cultural and environmental issues regarding their environment through educational practice.
6. Train and upgrade the future language teachers ??to produce printed, audiovisual and computer learning materials that will serve as logistical support in their daily work.
In academia, we prospect for training, upgrading and improving UPN language students, so they may involve the required universe of knowledge and skills; also, the appropriate management of them along with human quality and ethics to be achieved as a result of a comprehensive training process developed through the relevant curriculum.